A Level 4 New Referees Course will be held on Saturday 23rd March at the Ballina Soccer Clubhouse (Cnr Tamar Street and Canal Road, Ballina).
All club members, particularly senior players, are encouraged to assist the FFNC competition by becoming a match official. Individuals do NOT need to referee every day or every week and players who become referees can certainly assist at times that fit in around their games and when they are not playing.
Northern NSW Football have introduced a Referee Starter package in 2019, which is fully supported by Football Far North Coast.
The starter package includes the following items for a payment of just $100 ($50 of which is to be paid upfront prior to the course):
- Level 4 Referee Course
- Laws of the Game Book
- Professional Referee Whistle
- Assistant Referee Flag
- Black Umbro on-field Shirt
- Black Umbro on-field Shorts
- Black Umbro on-field Socks
- Set of Red and Yellow Cards
- Match Record Book and Inserts
- Full Referee Registration for 2019 with Football Far North Coast
The only item not included in the starter package is the required polo shirt, which is $35 (total cost to officiate in 2019 is $135).
This represents a saving of $150 for junior match officials (ages 13-18) and a saving of $180 for senior match officials (19+)!
So there is no better time to become a match official!
Anyone wanting to do the course should follow the links and instructions below to register for this course and complete the pre-course online Laws of the Game Certificate. There is also a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) for those that are interested in attending the course and becoming a match official, which can be found here: http://footballfarnorthcoast.com.au/becoming-a-referee-faqs/
If you have ANY questions, please contact Luke Mackney on 0434 856 992.
Date and Times
Saturday 23rd March: 9:30am – approx. 4pm.
Ballina Soccer Clubhouse – Cnr Tamar Street and Canal Road, Ballina.
Cost & Inclusions
Total costs will be $100 for the starter package items + $35 for the required polo shirt ($135 total cost to officiate in 2019). Lunch will be included as part of this total cost. $50 is required to be paid upfront, prior to the course, directly to FFNC by direct deposit into their bank account.
The bank account details to make payment to FFNC are:
(Use the participants NAME as the reference)
Financial Institution: Newcastle Permanent Building Society
Account Name: Football Far North Coast
Account Number: 509 829 102
BSB: 650 300
Please email Luke Mackney at email@example.com to confirm when payment has been transferred or if there are any issues.
Participants should be 13 years of age or older OR turning 13 no later than the end of May this year (noting that participants CANNOT be appointed on matches until they turn 13).
- To register for this course please follow this link like: https://education-ffa.sportingpulse.com/event.asp?ID=19683
- Finalise payment of the $50 pre-course amount, per the instructions above.
- BEFORE the day of the course ALL participants must complete the online Laws of the Game (OLTG) Certificate. To complete this, follow this link: https://www.playfootball.com.au/referee/laws-of-the-game
Participants can register for the upcoming course first, but this certificate MUST be completed BEFORE attending the course. The time required to complete the OLTG Certificate will vary based on previous knowledge and experience. Participants should allow AT LEAST one hour to complete the certificate, however it may take up to between two and three hours. All answers are provided within the learning material in the OLTG certificate.
- Participants MUST bring their printed participant workbook (provided via email prior to the course).
- Participants should bring a pen/pencil.
- Participants should wear suitable clothing for some short outdoor activities (weather permitting).
If anyone requires any more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Luke Mackney on 0434 856 992.